EPS polystyrene are expanded polystyrene boards produced by preliminary granulated product foaming. Its structure is porous, thanks to which it is characterized by lower absorbability in humid conditions.
Thanks to the unique combination of properties, EPS polystyrene boards are broadly used in modern constructions. In particular, their economic, efficiency and ecological properties are key to their construction market position.
EPS polystyrene is used as:
1. Thermal insulation of: walls, ceilings, floors, roofs, tie beams, lintels and reveals of window and door openings, sandwich panels, plinths
2. Filling of: diaphragm walls, internal structures of partition walls and framework walls, floors, framework ceilings, roofs between principals.
3. Vertical dilatation insulation of external walls.
4. Filler of: road, railway embankments, abutments of bridges and other engineering structures.
5. Layer protecting against defrosting in road structures.
6. Layer of acoustic insulation against impact noises in false floor systems.
EPS polystyrene is a proven and economical solution:
– the costs of a new building insulation with EPS polystyrene is on average 30% lower than the costs of insulation with polyurethane, polyisocyanurate or mineral wool
– floor construction of EPS requires only a single water-resistant membrane, which translates into material and laboue savings
– it is totally harmless to health, non-toxic, chemically-neutral, has no irritating properties and is resistant to digestion, insoluble, non-hygroscopic, and not even fungi or bacteria can grow on its surface
– ecological (it is suitable for full recycling)
– uniquely light (thanks to advanced manufacturing technology, EPS actually consists of 98% air captured in a 2% external-cellular matrix)
– high ultimate strength and structural stability, thanks to which it is perfectly suited for applications in constructions as well as land and water engineering
– high insulating properties, both in floor spaces, as well as in walls and roofs
– easiness of cutting and forming, thanks to which insulation is easy to adapt even to the most complicated spaces, without the use of specialized equipment
– does not absorb insect cultures
– does not absorb water, thanks to which its efficiency does not decrease over the years
– may be safely combined with all types of dopes, plasters and concrete used in constructions
– the manufacturing process of EPS polystyrene is compliant with the valid regulations concerning environmental protection and it is not emit any greenhouse gases
Its low weight, high ultimate compressive strength, insulating power, safety and ecological properties make EPS polystyrene the best option for numerous architectonic and construction solutions.